- The Long Island Pen Show Is This Weekend! (via LI Pen Show). If you can make it to Hofstra University on Saturday or Sunday, do so. Vendors present include Anderson Pens, Bungubox, Fountain Pen Hospital, Kenro, and Richard Binder.
- Atlanta Pen Show 2018 Recap! And Lamy Vibrant Pink AL-Star + Ink Giveaway (via SquishyInk). Don't miss this excellent recap of the Atlanta Pen Show, with tons of pictures. Plus a giveaway!
- Pilot Custom 823 (via Hand Over That Pen). A triple review of the Pilot Custom 823 demonstrator, with pictures of all three demonstrator colors. The Custom 823 is a true workhorse of a pen.
- Weighing Up the Namisu Ixion (via UK Fountain Pens). This is a nice looking pen, but Namisu seems to be really falling off in the quality control and customer service department. Not a good place to be if you're really looking to drive your brand forward.
- These Pens Were Made for Flyin' (via Economical Penster). You CAN fly with fountain pens, with vacuum fillers among the best due to the shut-off valve that keeps ink from moving into the nib and section.
- Show and Tell Baron Fig X Dribble LE Confidant (via Comfortable Shoes Studio). Les reviews Baron Fig's latest configuration, which is a collaboration with Dribble, and a unique half-blank/half-ruled setup.
- Peg & Awl Sendak (via Mountain of Ink). An intriguing case option, especially if you carry a lot of art supplies or calligraphy pens and brushes. I've seen Peg & Awl goods in person and the quality is very high.
- Quick Look: Lamy Safari All Black and AL-Star Vibrant Pink Special Editions (via The Pencilcase Blog). So there does appear to be a slight difference between the new All Black Safari and the "Charcoal" or "Umbra" standard edition.
- TWSBI Precision Fountain Pen (via Wonder Pens). I'm not sure this aesthetic appeals to me, but fans of the Rotring 600 and other similarly-styled metal pens might appreciate it.
- The Future of The System Retro 51 Exclusive - Can You Still Get One? (via Clicky Post). The answer, of course, is probably yes! If you haven't already, check out Mike's awesome collaboration with Retro 51. There will be more!
- The Guidelines v2.0 (via Too Many Inks). Words to live by.
Please Visit My Sponsors and Affiliates!
Please take a moment to visit these fine folks who help keep this blog going! It's next to impossible to keep up a steady stream of fresh review content without some form of sponsorship. I'm grateful to everyone who's helped me out along the way.
- Pen Chalet. Pen Chalet has a wide variety of available pens and offers unbeatable value on pens, inks, pen cases, etc.
- Anderson Pens. In addition to having one of the largest offerings of bottled ink in the world, Anderson Pens is an authorized retailer of a wide range of brands, including Sailor, Aurora and Faber-Castell. Check out the sponsor profile I published here.
- Appelboom. Please check out Appelboom's extensive selection and excellent pricing on a wide range of brands, including Montblanc pens such as this Classique 145 I reviewed.
- Vanness Pens. Vanness Pens carries rare and hard-to-find inks from all over the world, including Callifolio, Akkerman, and the full line of DeAtramentis. Also, Vanness carries a wide array of pens, including now the full range of BENU pens. You can check out my recap of a visit to Vanness here.
- Goldspot Pens. Goldspot regularly offers excellent promotions and specials! Check out their "Weekly Dip" section for details.
- Paul's Paper & Pens. A big welcome to Paul's Paper & Pens as a regular sponsor of the blog. Paul features a well-curated selection of fountain pens, multi pens, notebooks, and more, including some very uncommon Pilot Vanishing Points and Decimos that we don't see here in the States. Get free global shipping using the coupon code TGSFree!
- Pokka Pens. Pokka Pens makes high quality, portable ballpoints that make for a great EDC option. Check out my review here, and don't forget to use the code GENTSTA to get 10% off your purchase!
- TGS Amazon Page. I run across many more items (pens, pencils, books, accessories, etc.) in my online "travels." I can't feature them all on TGS, but Amazon has an option where I can set up an affiliate page to host product recommendations, etc. This also provides a way for me to earn a referral fees to help support the site. Thanks everyone!
In Case You Missed It ...
This week on the blog, I recapped my Atlanta Pen Show experience in two posts: a standard recap with pictures, along with a piece on my five favorite things that I saw at the show. I also finally got around to reviewing a favorite everyday writer, the TWSBI Diamond Mini fountain pen. Finally, don't miss this week's Deals & Drops, which highlights some new releases from Montegrappa, Kanilea, Aurora, and more.
Happy Sunday, and as always, thanks for reading!
Disclaimer: This post contains links to paid sponsors and affiliates.