- Montblanc Great Characters "The Beatles" Fountain Pen (via SBRE Brown). Stephen reviews what's become one of my sleeper favorites from this year's crop of limited editions.
- A Few Thoughts on Pendom in Bulgaria (via Economical Penster). I always love a good travelogue (and pictures of crab).
- Galen Leather Writing Box (via Harry Marks/Pen Addict). Harry Marks has a guest post over at the Pen Addict, where he takes a look at the Galen Leather Writing Box, another recently released stationery item that I've had my eye on.
- Perhaps M is for Madness (via Pete Denison). Pete writes about a recent purchase, the Montblanc M ballpoint in the "Ultra Black" color scheme. I had the opportunity to handle this pen at the Atlanta Pen Show, and think it works much better as a ballpoint or rollerball than as a fountain pen. And of course everyone needs at least one nice ballpoint pen!
- Lamy Aion Quick Fix (via Inkdependence). Mike shares a quick fix for a rattling Lamy Aion cap. It works, and has reduced the rattling on mine to the point where it's MUCH less annoying to use.
- On Using Field Notebooks (via Notebook Stories). I'm a bit of a notetaking geek, as if you haven't noticed, so I always enjoy articles such as this one on the different techniques and requirements of various professions.
- The View from Behind the Shop: The End of an Era (via Wonder Pens). Congrats to Wonder Pens on their new digs, and best of luck with the move.
- Baron Fig Heavy Metal: Stainless Steel Squire (via Clicky Post). Mike has a review of the latest Baron Fig Squire release, which complements the brass "Key" Squire nicely (if you were able to get one).
- Baron Fig Squire Twist vs. Click (via My Pen Needs Ink). Bob reviews the two different Squire models, the traditional "twist" vs. the recently released "click" version. Fig Wine for the win!
- Recapping a Tour of the Pelikan Factory (via Pelikan's Perch). Another great travelogue recapping a tour of the Pelikan factory, as well as a stay at the old factory, which is now apparently a hotel in Hanover.
Please Visit My Sponsors and Affiliates!
Please take a moment to visit these fine folks who help keep this blog going! It's next to impossible to keep up a steady stream of fresh review content without some form of sponsorship. I'm grateful to everyone who's helped me out along the way.
- Pen Chalet. Pen Chalet has a wide variety of available pens and offers unbeatable value on pens, inks, pen cases, etc. Don't miss your last chance to take advantage of the National Stationery Week 10% discount using the coupon code NATSTATWEEK at checkout.
- Anderson Pens. In addition to having one of the largest offerings of bottled ink in the world, Anderson Pens is an authorized retailer of a wide range of brands, including Sailor, Aurora and Faber-Castell. Check out the sponsor profile I published here, and don't miss out on their new special edition Sailor Pro Gear in Slate Blue.
- Appelboom. Please check out Appelboom's extensive selection and excellent pricing on a wide range of brands, including Montblanc pens such as this Classique 145 I reviewed.
- Vanness Pens. Vanness Pens carries rare and hard-to-find inks from all over the world, including Callifolio, Akkerman, and the full line of DeAtramentis. Also, Vanness carries a wide array of pens, including now the full range of BENU pens. You can check out my recap of a visit to Vanness here.
- Goldspot Pens. Goldspot regularly offers excellent promotions and specials! Check out their "Weekly Dip" section for details.
- Paul's Paper & Pens. A big welcome to Paul's Paper & Pens as a regular sponsor of the blog. Paul features a well-curated selection of fountain pens, multi pens, notebooks, and more, including some very uncommon Pilot Vanishing Points and Decimos that we don't see here in the States. Get free global shipping using the coupon code TGSFree!
- Pokka Pens. Pokka Pens makes high quality, portable ballpoints that make for a great EDC option. Check out my review here, and don't forget to use the code GENTSTA to get 10% off your purchase!
- TGS Amazon Page. I run across many more items (pens, pencils, books, accessories, etc.) in my online "travels." I can't feature them all on TGS, but Amazon has an option where I can set up an affiliate page to host product recommendations, etc. This also provides a way for me to earn a referral fees to help support the site. Thanks everyone!
In Case You Missed It ...
This was a busy week on the blog! I published the third entry in my "Workhorse Pens" series, looking at the Faber-Castell E-Motion Pure Black. I also reviewed the new line of Bull & Stash journals, and published the annual update of my "Best Pens" recommendation list.
Finally, this week's Deals and Drops highlighted some excellent National Stationery Week discounts from Pen Chalet, as well as some other interesting items.
Happy Sunday, and as always, thanks for reading!
Disclaimer: This post contains links to paid sponsors and affiliates.