- Something Blue (via Murberdraws). Tania has a great review of the Aurora Optima Flex in one of the new limited pastel colors, and may have taken a major step towards convincing me to buy one of these. That soft nib would be great for everyday writing.
- Chicago Pen Show 2018 Write-Up (via SquishyInk). I enjoyed this Pen Show Writeup / food tour of Chicago! Gibson's FTW.
- Nakaya, The Scribbling Friend Who Came In From the Cold (via Lady Dandelion). Anyone else find themselves less interested in buying more pens lately? I've slowed way down.
- The Surprising "Skribent" from Germany (via UK Fountain Pens). I've not tried the gold nib pens, but Cleo Skribent surprised me as well. Some great shots of the design details here.
- Aurora 88 Satin Black: Use It One Year Later (via Frank Underwater). I definitely have some pens "on the shelf" that I need to come back to and revisit. Frank talks about how he found the perfect "use case" for his Aurora 88 Satin Black.
- Pelikan Edelstein Olivine (via Mountain of Ink). Not quite olive green, not quite forest green is a great way to describe this ink, which is not at all what I expected.
- Franklin-Christoph Pocket 20 (via Hand Over That Pen). I prefer the full-size Model 20, but the Pocket 20 is a great, smaller-sized option, and if you visit a pen show you have the option to snag some colorful prototype versions in materials like this EPW acrylic by Jonathon Brooks.
- Interview with Stuart Lennon of Nero's Notes (via Pens!Paper!Pencils!). Ian interviews Stuart from Nero's Notes, formerly Pocket Notebooks. He liked it so much he bought the company!
- No. 2 - A Beautiful Pencil-Scented Fragrance with an Unfortunate Name (via Woodclinched). Wow, the stationery craze has really caught on. If it were me, I'd probably change the name, though.
- Pilot Custom 823 - Waverly Nib (via Alt.Haven). Junee reviews the clear 823 demonstrator with a Waverly nib, which is not one I've tried before. Looks interesting, a bit like a fude.
Please Visit My Sponsors and Affiliates!
Please take a moment to visit these fine folks who help keep this blog going! It's next to impossible to keep up a steady stream of fresh review content without some form of sponsorship. I'm grateful to everyone who's helped me out along the way.
- Pen Chalet. Pen Chalet has a wide variety of available pens and offers unbeatable value on pens, inks, pen cases, etc.
- Anderson Pens. In addition to having one of the largest offerings of bottled ink in the world, Anderson Pens is an authorized retailer of a wide range of brands, including Sailor, Aurora and Faber-Castell. Check out the sponsor profile I published here, and don't miss out on their new special edition Sailor Pro Gear in Slate Blue.
- Appelboom. Please check out Appelboom's extensive selection and excellent pricing on a wide range of brands, including Montblanc pens such as this Classique 145 I reviewed.
- Vanness Pens. Vanness Pens carries rare and hard-to-find inks from all over the world, including Callifolio, Akkerman, and the full line of DeAtramentis. Also, Vanness carries a wide array of pens, including now the full range of BENU pens. You can check out my recap of a visit to Vanness here.
- Goldspot Pens. Goldspot regularly offers excellent promotions and specials! Check out their "Weekly Dip" section for details.
- Paul's Paper & Pens. A big welcome to Paul's Paper & Pens as a regular sponsor of the blog. Paul features a well-curated selection of fountain pens, multi pens, notebooks, and more, including some very uncommon Pilot Vanishing Points and Decimos that we don't see here in the States.
- Pokka Pens. Pokka Pens makes high quality, portable ballpoints that make for a great EDC option. Check out my review here, and don't forget to use the code GENTSTA to get 10% off your purchase!
- TGS Amazon Page. I run across many more items (pens, pencils, books, accessories, etc.) in my online "travels." I can't feature them all on TGS, but Amazon has an option where I can set up an affiliate page to host product recommendations, etc. This also provides a way for me to earn a referral fees to help support the site. Thanks everyone!
In Case You Missed It ...
This week on the blog I reviewed two of my favorite Colorverse Inks, the Schrodinger/Cat pairing from Season 3: Multiverse. I also looked back at one of my all-time favorites, the Parker Sonnet, and introduced the new Pocket Fountain Pen from design house Inventery. Finally, don't miss this week's Deals & Drops, which has a few new releases including the lates from Pineider.
Happy Sunday, and as always, thanks for reading!
Disclaimer: This post contains links to paid sponsors and affiliates.