- Naples (and Amalfi Coast) Pen Store Recap (via Hand Over That Pen). Katherine recaps her pen travels in Italy. That first store looks amazing.
- Chicago Pen Show 2018 Recap (Part 2) (via Well-Appointed Desk). I'm still mad I had to miss this year's Chicago Show.
- Conid Antwerppen Fountain Pen Review (via Pencilcase Blog). Dries gets his hands on a couple of special edition bulkfillers exclusive to two Antwerp-based retailers. That red material looks amazing.
- Staedtler's New Wopex Pencils: the 2B-2H Noris Eco (via Bleistift). Fans of the Wopex, rejoice! Staedtler isn't giving up on their extruded wood pencils, but rather appears to be merging the line into their "Noris" range.
- My Hobonichi Setup (via The Looped Square). The Hobonichi Planner is infinitely customizable, and you can tailor the notebook/journal to however you want to use it.
- Platinum Plaisir (via Fountain Pen Follies). One of the only entry-level fountain pens I haven't properly tried. I'm not a huge fan of the Preppie, but perhaps I should give the Plaisir a spin.
- Sailor 1911 Large Stormy Sea (via Pen Addict). Susan reviews one of Sailor's North American exclusives for 2018. I've been impressed with what Sailor's done this year, though it seems as though there's a new special edition coming out every couple of weeks now....
- My Experiences Holiday Sketching (via The Finer Point). Sketching is one of those skills I wish I had. It especially looks fun on trips.
- Giuliano Mazzuoli Officina Fountain Pen (via My Pen Needs Ink). Bob reviews one of his acquisitions from the Atlanta Pen Show. I think we'll be seeing more of Mazzuoli pens in the future.
- Colorverse #5 Light on Ceres (via Mountain of Ink). I've been using a lot of pink inks for editing recently, and this Colorverse Ink has been on my radar.
Please Visit My Sponsors and Affiliates!
Please take a moment to visit these fine folks who help keep this blog going! It's next to impossible to keep up a steady stream of fresh review content without some form of sponsorship. I'm grateful to everyone who's helped me out along the way.
- Pen Chalet. Pen Chalet has a wide variety of available pens and offers unbeatable value on pens, inks, pen cases, etc. For this weekend, use the coupon code MEMORIAL to get 10% off at checkout.
- Anderson Pens. In addition to having one of the largest offerings of bottled ink in the world, Anderson Pens is an authorized retailer of a wide range of brands, including Sailor, Aurora and Faber-Castell. Check out the sponsor profile I published here, and don't miss out on their new special edition Sailor Pro Gear in Slate Blue.
- Appelboom. Please check out Appelboom's extensive selection and excellent pricing on a wide range of brands, including Montblanc pens such as this Classique 145 I reviewed.
- Vanness Pens. Vanness Pens carries rare and hard-to-find inks from all over the world, including Callifolio, Akkerman, and the full line of DeAtramentis. Also, Vanness carries a wide array of pens, including now the full range of BENU pens. You can check out my recap of a visit to Vanness here.
- Goldspot Pens. Goldspot regularly offers excellent promotions and specials! Check out their "Weekly Dip" section for details, as well as their Memorial Day sale with a series of progressive coupons and discounts.
- Paul's Paper & Pens. A big welcome to Paul's Paper & Pens as a regular sponsor of the blog. Paul features a well-curated selection of fountain pens, multi pens, notebooks, and more, including some very uncommon Pilot Vanishing Points and Decimos that we don't see here in the States.
- Pokka Pens. Pokka Pens makes high quality, portable ballpoints that make for a great EDC option. Check out my review here, and don't forget to use the code GENTSTA to get 10% off your purchase!
- TGS Amazon Page. I run across many more items (pens, pencils, books, accessories, etc.) in my online "travels." I can't feature them all on TGS, but Amazon has an option where I can set up an affiliate page to host product recommendations, etc. This also provides a way for me to earn a referral fees to help support the site. Thanks everyone!
In Case You Missed It...
I'm out on vacation this week, but in the meantime there's some recap-style content up on the blog. Check out my Six Month Review: Favorite Pens from the First Half of 2018, as well as a "From the Archives: Favorite Posts from 2018." Finally, don't miss this week's Deals and Drops, Vacation Edition, featuring some awesome Memorial Day Sales with steep discounts.
Disclaimer: This post contains links to paid sponsors and affiliates.