- The Karas Pens Starliner is Ruining My Reputation (via UK Fountain Pens). Anthony reviews the new Karas Kustoms "Reaktor" line of pens, which will start at a lower price point. As I've mentioned, I have some of these pens in for review, so look for them up on the site soon!
- Tofty via Shapeways Pen Clip (via Comfortable Shoes Studio). I'm not sure what's the best way to describe this aftermarket 3D-printed pen clip, which fits the Baron Fig Squire, but there are some "aesthetic compromises" you're going to need to make if you want to add this functionality to that pen.
- Roterfaden Update 2018 (via Pens! Paper! Pencils!). You don't hear much about the Roterfaden Taschenbegleiter notebook cover/organizer, but those who do use it on a regular basis love it, myself included.
- Introducing the Opus 88 Fantasia Fountain Pen and Giveaway (via Pen Chalet). Pen Chalet has posted some initial pictures and specs about the new Opus 88 Fantasia eyedropper fountain pen, plus a giveaway promotion for one of the pens once they are in stock. Details through the link.
- Sailor Kobe #15 Maiko Green (via Pencilcase Blog). Sailor makes some of the best dark green inks out there - That is, if you can make up your mind and settle on which one to purchase.
- Trends 2018 (via Cronicas Estilograficas). Bruno offers his observation on trends in the pen market so far this year. The proliferation of new - and higher quality - pens from China is the big one, in my opinion, along with the proliferation of new ink brands and colors (as well as rising price points).
- Organics Studio Ralph Waldo Emerson Twilight Blue Ink (via Pen Addict). Susan reviews one of Organics Studio's "Super Sheener" inks, which unfortunately I can never really use because they never seem to dry.
- Pilot Vanishing Point, Raden Stripe (via Well-Appointed Desk). I haven't heard the rumor that Pilot is discontinuing the Raden collection of Vanishing Points. That would be disappointing, if true, because these are gorgeous pens.
- Frara Road Pen Roll (via Gourmet Pens). Frara Road is one of those companies I've not heard a lot about, and with whom I don't have any personal experience, but they make some nice looking leather goods. I've been thinking about getting a leather pen roll and have been evaluating all of the options out there.
- Maxmadco Titanium Bolt Action Retractable Pen (via Ed Jelley). Ed now has some new contributors writing for his site, and the first piece is a review of what might be one of my favorite bolt action pen designs out there.
Please Visit and Support My Sponsors and Affiliates!
Please take a moment to visit these fine folks who help keep this blog going! It's next to impossible to keep up a steady stream of fresh review content without some form of sponsorship. I'm grateful to everyone who's helped me out along the way.
- Pen Chalet. Pen Chalet has a wide variety of available pens and offers unbeatable value on pens, inks, pen cases, etc.
- Anderson Pens. In addition to having one of the largest offerings of bottled ink in the world, Anderson Pens is an authorized retailer of a wide range of brands, including Sailor, Aurora and Faber-Castell. Check out the sponsor profile I published here, and don't miss out on their new special edition Sailor Pro Gear in Slate Blue.
- Appelboom. Please check out Appelboom's extensive selection and excellent pricing on a wide range of brands, including Montblanc pens such as this Classique 145 I reviewed.
- Vanness Pens. Vanness Pens carries rare and hard-to-find inks from all over the world, including Callifolio, Akkerman, and the full line of DeAtramentis. Also, Vanness carries a wide array of pens, including now the full range of BENU pens. You can check out my recap of a visit to Vanness here.
- Goldspot Pens. Goldspot regularly offers excellent promotions and specials! Check out their "Weekly Dip" section for details.
- Paul's Paper & Pens. Paul features a well-curated selection of fountain pens, multi pens, notebooks, and more, including some very uncommon Pilot Vanishing Points and Decimos that we don't see here in the States.
- Pokka Pens. Pokka Pens makes high quality, portable ballpoints that make for a great EDC option. Check out my review here, and don't forget to use the code GENTSTA to get 10% off your purchase!
- TGS Amazon Page. I run across many more items (pens, pencils, books, accessories, etc.) in my online "travels." I can't feature them all on TGS, but Amazon has an option where I can set up an affiliate page to host product recommendations, etc. This also provides a way for me to earn a referral fees to help support the site. Thanks everyone!
In Case You Missed It...
This week on the blog seems like it was "stealth pen" week, since I reviewed two black pen with black trim: the Sailor Reglus "Night Black," and the recently released Aurora Talentum "Black Ops". Both were outstanding. It seems like there's a proliferation of new releases and special editions hitting the market every week, so if you're interested in keeping track of everything that's coming out, check out my weekly "Deals and Drops" posts that are typically published on Friday of each week, though sometimes I let them go live on Thursday if there's a particular deal or promotion that might expire before the weekend.
Happy Sunday, and as always, thanks for reading!
Disclaimer: This post contains links to paid sponsors and affiliates.