- Stilform KOSMOS ink Fountain Pen (via Pencilcase Blog). Dries reviews the latest pen Kickstarter, the Kosmos ink, and like most people to have reviewed it so far, came away impressed. (Link to my own review below).
- Aurora Talentum "Full Black" Fountain Pen (via Ed Jelley). Ed is also a fan of this new "blacked out" Aurora Talentum, including the awesome nib. You can check out my own review of this pen here.
- Hands On: Stilform KOSMOS ink Fountain Pen (via Ed Jelley). Ed's on a roll, with his initial impressions (and great pictures) of the KOSMOS ink fountain pen.
- Montblanc Meisterstuck Le Petit Prince Classique PT 145 and Doue Classique PT 145 Review (via SBRE Brown). I love the look of these Montblanc special editions, especially the star on the clip and the fox motif.
- Introducing Colorverse Tokyo 2018 Hayabusa Special Edition Ink (via Pen Chalet). Colorverse is releasing its first true purple ink for this year's Tokyo stationery trade show. Apparently this ink will be sheeny, and the smaller bottle will "glisten." You can pre-order at Pen Chalet.
- Sailor Tidbits (via Fountain Pen Follies). Some interesting pieces of news here, including that Sailor is planning on releasing more than 100 new inks in the US, in the smaller Shikiori-style bottle?
- Benu Chameleon (via Hand Over That Pen). The trio at HOTP are back with a review of a triangular-shaped Benu pen in yes, another crazy "galaxy" material.
- TWSBI Precision Mechanical Pencil Review (via Pens!Paper!Pencils!). Ian reviews TWSBI's mechanical pencil line, which has been around for a long time but doesn't get much attention. It's a nice-looking pencil, and now complements their Precision fountain pen.
- Montegrappa Fortuna Mosaico Fountain Pen (via Gourmet Pens). The Montegrappa Fortuna line of pens has a great shape, and it fits the hand well. Azizah got to review this "Mosaico" material, which is quite pretty.
- 5th Anniversary Giveaways (via Pencilcase Blog). Dries is giving away some pens, inks and notebooks, courtesy of La Couronne du Compte! Don't miss this contest.
Please Visit and Support My Sponsors and Affiliates!
Please take a moment to visit these fine folks who help keep this blog going! It's next to impossible to keep up a steady stream of fresh review content without some form of sponsorship. I'm grateful to everyone who's helped me out along the way.
- Pen Chalet. Pen Chalet has a wide variety of available pens and offers unbeatable value on pens, inks, pen cases, etc.
- Anderson Pens. In addition to having one of the largest offerings of bottled ink in the world, Anderson Pens is an authorized retailer of a wide range of brands, including Sailor, Aurora and Faber-Castell. Check out the sponsor profile I published here, and don't miss out on their new special edition Sailor Pro Gear in Slate Blue.
- Appelboom. Please check out Appelboom's extensive selection and excellent pricing on a wide range of brands, including Montblanc pens such as this Classique 145 I reviewed.
- Vanness Pens. Vanness Pens carries rare and hard-to-find inks from all over the world, including Callifolio, Akkerman, and the full line of DeAtramentis. Also, Vanness carries a wide array of pens, including now the full range of BENU pens. You can check out my recap of a visit to Vanness here.
- Goldspot Pens. Goldspot regularly offers excellent promotions and specials! Check out their "Weekly Dip" section for details.
- Paul's Paper & Pens. Paul features a well-curated selection of fountain pens, multi pens, notebooks, and more, including some very uncommon Pilot Vanishing Points and Decimos that we don't see here in the States.
- Pokka Pens. Pokka Pens makes high quality, portable ballpoints that make for a great EDC option. Check out my review here, and don't forget to use the code GENTSTA to get 10% off your purchase!
- TGS Amazon Page. I run across many more items (pens, pencils, books, accessories, etc.) in my online "travels." I can't feature them all on TGS, but Amazon has an option where I can set up an affiliate page to host product recommendations, etc. This also provides a way for me to earn a referral fees to help support the site. Thanks everyone!
In Case You Missed It...
This week on the blog I had the privilege of offering my initial impressions of several new pens that will be coming to market this year. First off was the Karas Pen Company "Reaktor" series pens, a new line of lower-priced fountain pens, ballpoints, and rollerballs. Next up was the KOSMOS ink fountain pen, which is currently on Kickstarter with about 33 hours to go as of the time of writing. Finally, don't miss this week's Deals & Drops, featuring new Field Notes, pencils from Blackwing, and the release of the new Picnic from Opus 88!
Happy Sunday, and as always, thanks for reading!
Disclaimer: This post contains links to paid sponsors and affiliates.