So this week the Platinum 3776 Kumpoo has arrived, and I've gone a bit crazy on the rollerball front. Look for more of that content, following up on my recent comparison piece between the Baron Fig Squire and the Retro 51 Tornado. Huckberry is running their Summer Sale, and Vanness is clearing out their Delta stock. Happy shopping!
Disclaimer: This post contains links to paid sponsors and affiliates.
- Platinum 3776 Kumpoo (via Pen Chalet). The latest in the Platinum 3776 Fuji Shunkei series is in stock, and selling pretty quickly.
- Aurora Optima Rollerball (via Pen Chalet). I've felt the need recently to branch out into a couple of "nice" rollerballs for work, and picked up this Aurora from Pen Chalet. The Optima is a great-sized pen, and it is just as nice in rollerball form as it is in fountain pen form.
- Caran d'Ache 849 Classic Ballpoint (via Pen Chalet). An excellent general ballpoint refill, though I'm sorry to see that the "recycled Nespresso capsule" version doesn't seem to be available anymore.
- Schneider Topball 850 Rollerball Refill (via Amazon). The Aurora rollerball refill is nice, but if you're looking for something slightly finer, consider the Topball, which comes in a .5mm tip size. I've found that this refill fits most pens that take a Pilot G2 gel refill, as well, though I don't believe it's intended for use in capless pens.
- Baron Fig Stainless Steel Squire (via Baron Fig). I've been loving this "heavy metal" rollerball lately. Sure, it has some weight, but the balance is so good you don't notice it as much as you typically would. (You can use my Baron Fig referral link for $10 off.)
- Retro 51 Tornado Smithsonian (via Pen Chalet). This gorgeous new design commemorates the National Museum of African History and Culture building in Washington, D.C. This is on my list of pens to check out at this year's D.C. Pen Show.
- Retro 51 Tornado Terabyte 2.0 (via Anderson Pens). The newest exclusive from Anderson Pens and Retro 51, this updated Terabyte pen comes in all black with black trim.
- Final Clearance Pricing on Delta Pens (via Vanness Pens). Vanness is clearing out their stock of Delta fountain pens, rollerballs, and ballpoints. Since Delta is out of business, this is your last chance if you've had your eye on any of these models.
- Sailor Pro Gear Ocean (via Goldspot Pens). Goldspot has the full selection of Pro Gear Oceans in stock, including slim, standard, and King of Pen.
- Montblanc Meisterstuck Classic 164 Ballpoint (via Appelboom). These pens often get overlooked as great everyday writers. The size for me is perfect, and if you don't want to write with a ballpoint cartridge, you can always swap in...
- Monteverde Capless Gel Refill for Montblanc (via Amazon). These come in a wide range of colors, but the blue-black refill with a fine tip is my favorite.
- Diplomat Pens in Stock (via Pen Chalet). Pen Chalet is now stocking Diplomat, including the Aero and the Excellence.
- Huckberry Summer Sale (via Huckberry). Huckberry has a ton of stuff marked 50% off in their annual Summer Sale, including EDC gear and bags from brands such as Topo Designs.
- Bellroy A5 Work Folio (via Huckberry). Bellroy has brought their A5 zippered leather notebook cover to Huckberry. Check out my review here.
- Bellroy Classic Canvas Pouch (via Huckberry). This little pouch has been one of my key carry items for the past several months. Bellroy had sent me an early prototype for review, but I've held off talking about it until it's general release.