- How to Consume Fountain Pen Reviews (via SBRE Brown). A short video from Dr. Brown about considerations to keep in mind when you read fountain pen reviews - namely, that they represent someone's subjective opinion.
- Pen Zero (via Leigh Reyes). I do still have most of my "Pen Zeros." If you want to know what that means, you need to read the article (and envy Leigh's pen collection, especially those Oldwins).
- Montblanc Heritage 1912 with Masuyama Grind (via Macchiato Man). Yagan reviews a pen that I have myself - a 1912 with a Masuyama-ground nib. This is a very thorough review of a unique pen with an excellent nib (even before it was ground).
- Review: M815 Metal Striped (via Pelikan's Perch). Josh has his review of Pelikan's metal striped M815 up, and it looks like this one receives favorable marks.
- Colorverse Hayabusa (via Mountain of Ink). Colorverse released this special edition purple ink for the 2018 Tokyo Stationery Show, and it looks like it has some pop to it. As with all Colorverse Inks, you get two bottles: a 65ml bottle of standard purple ink, and a smaller 15ml bottle of the purple ink with added bronze shimmer.
- DELI-SH(arpeners) (via Bleistift). I've started to see these in brick-and-mortar stores here in my town, typically under some sort of house brand.
- Karas Kustoms Galaxie Pen Review (via Pens! Paper! Pencils!). Ian reviews the "Reaktor" Galaxie pens from Karas. The Galaxie and Galaxie XL are the ballpoint/rollerball/gel pen entries in the Reaktor series.
- The Lawn, from Write Notepads & Co. (via Pencil Revolution). Write Notepads has released their Summer 2018 limited edition, and it's a beauty, though I'm somewhat sad to see them move away from perfect-bound books in their last two editions.
- How To Do a Lamy Safari Nib Swap (via Pen Chalet). A very helpful informational post from Pen Chalet, showing how to swap the interchangeable nibs on the Lamy Safari.
- New TWSBI 580 ALR + Studio Shop News (via Wonder Pens). The new design of the TWSBI 580 ALR intrigues me, particularly the "grippier" section.
Please Visit and Support My Sponsors and Affiliates!
Please take a moment to visit these fine folks who help keep this blog going! It's next to impossible to keep up a steady stream of fresh review content without some form of sponsorship or affiliate relationship. I'm grateful to everyone who's helped me out along the way.
- Pen Chalet. Pen Chalet has a wide variety of available pens and offers unbeatable value on pens, inks, pen cases, etc.
- Anderson Pens. In addition to having one of the largest offerings of bottled ink in the world, Anderson Pens is an authorized retailer of a wide range of brands, including Sailor, Aurora and Faber-Castell. Check out the sponsor profile I published here, and don't miss out on their new special edition Sailor Pro Gear in Slate Blue.
- Appelboom. Please check out Appelboom's extensive selection and excellent pricing on a wide range of brands, including Montblanc pens such as this Classique 145 I reviewed.
- Vanness Pens. Vanness Pens carries rare and hard-to-find inks from all over the world, including Callifolio, Akkerman, and the full line of DeAtramentis. Be sure to check out the 80th Anniversary collaboration between Vanness and Bexley Pens, featuring a custom material made by Jonathan Brooks. You can check out my recap of a visit to Vanness here.
- Goldspot Pens. Goldspot regularly offers excellent promotions and specials! Check out their "Weekly Dip" section for details.
- Paul's Paper & Pens. Paul features a well-curated selection of fountain pens, multi pens, notebooks, and more, including some very uncommon Pilot Vanishing Points and Decimos that we don't see here in the States.
- Pokka Pens. Pokka Pens makes high quality, portable ballpoints that make for a great EDC option. Check out my review here, and don't forget to use the code GENTSTA to get 10% off your purchase!
- TGS Amazon Page. I run across many more items (pens, pencils, books, accessories, etc.) in my online "travels." I can't feature them all on TGS, but Amazon has an option where I can set up an affiliate page to host product recommendations and earn fees on referrals. Amazon does not sponsor or endorse this blog in any way.
In Case You Missed It ...
This week on the blog I took a look at two rollerball refills that aren't the Schmidt P8126 or P8127: the Schneider Topball 850 and Montblanc's proprietary cartridge. I also reviewed the Edison Menlo Draw Filler, one of my favorite custom pens out there. Finally, don't miss this week's Deals & Drops, as I prepare for the upcoming D.C. Pen Show, now less than two weeks away!
Happy Sunday, and as always, thanks for reading!
Disclaimer: This post contains links to paid sponsors and affiliates.