I thought I'd do something a little different today for this week's Deals & Drops - maybe I'm a little down about having to go back to work for two days following a mid-week Fourth of July. (Why can't it always fall on a Monday or a Friday?) Anyway, each of the items featured today is something I'm currently staring at on my desk at work, and most are products I've been using for years. Where possible, I'll also link to a review of a specific item if I've done one. Happy shopping (and for those of you in the States, enjoy the rest of the short week)!
Disclaimer: This post contains links to paid sponsors and affiliates.
- Baron Fig Mastermind Desk Pad (via Baron Fig). The Mastermind remains my favorite tool for sketching out ideas, and even drafting things in "landscape mode." Review here, and you can use my referral link for a discount (which in full disclosure, also gives me a credit).
- Aurora Talentum "Black Ops" Fountain Pen (via Pen Chalet). I can't believe I waited this long to pick up a nice Aurora fountain pen. The fine nib on this pen is an excellent daily writer. Review here.
- Pilot Custom 823 Fountain Pen (via Anderson Pens). A true "ink tank" from Pilot, this pen still has a regular spot in the "workhorse" rotation, even if it's a little difficult to clean. I generally stick with a standard black or blue-black ink. Review here.
- Moonman M2 Eyedropper Fountain Pen (via Amazon). This little guy is still going strong months later (and hasn't needed a refill - it holds a ton of ink). Review here.
- Bic Cristal Xtra Precise Ballpoints (via Amazon). While the plain 1.0mm Bic Cristals work just fine, I prefer these fine-point "Xtra-Precise" versions. They come in a 15-pack with some unusual colors. Review here.
- Uniball Vision Elite .5mm "Micro" Tip (via Amazon). I have an 8-color set of these loaded into my Dudek Modern Goods Cube. Don't confuse the Vision Elite with the "Vision" - they aren't the same. Review here.
- Blackwing 602 Pencil (via Amazon). If I had to limit myself to one pencil, it would be this one (or the many Blackwing Volumes editions that use the same core). Review here.
- Pokka Pen (via Pokka). I have packs of Pokka pens sitting around the house, car, office, you name it. The format is incredibly convienent, and you don't need to worry about losing it. There's also a clip available. Review here, and don't forget to use the coupon code "GENTSTA" for 10% off.
- Morning Glory Mach 3 Rollerball (via Amazon). Uniball Vision Elite writes too wide a line for you? Check these out. Review here.
- Carl Angel 5 Pencil Sharpener (via Amazon). Easily the best hand-crank pencil sharpener that I've used. Puts a great long point on wood pencils.
- Nock Co. A5 "Seed" Case (via Nock Co.). This notebook case/organizer has stuck with me since the Atlanta Pen Show. I'm getting close to where I can do a review.
- Swingline Stapler in Retro Green (via Amazon). Ok, so I also have the infamous "Rio Red" Swingline at home, but it's not like I'm going to leave it at the office where someone can take it.
- WASD Mechanical Keyboard (via Amazon). While the actual keyboard I use daily has been discontinued, this is the best alternative I've found. I enjoy the stiff Cherry MX Green switches for their typewriter-like feel.
- Doxie Go SE (via Amazon). If you embrace even some analog in your life, you're probably going to end up with a lot of notes that you will have to store somewhere. The Doxie Go is a good way to deal with all those notes on loose paper that you don't need to retain in hard copy.
Some Other things that May Interest You...
Outside of the "my office" theme, check out the following hot items from our sponsors:
- Discount on Pelikan Limited Editions (via Goldspot). This week's "Weekly Dip" includes special pricing on the Pelikan M101N Bright Red, the M805 Demonstrator, and the M800 Raden Royal Gold.
- Build Your Own Iroshizuku 15ml 3-Pack (via Vanness Pens). These area great way to sample new inks, or pick up a set of conveniently sized smaller bottles for the office.
- Montblanc Heritage Rouge et Noir Spider Metamorphosis (via Appelboom). I never expected the Rouge et Noir collection to go in this direction, but it's cool looking.
- Pilot Capless Crimson Sunrise 2017 Limited Edition (via Paul's Paper & Pens). Paul just has a few left, and then it will be on to next year's limited edition!