- Opus 88 Koloro Demonstrator (via Ed Jelley). Another solid review of the big clear Koloro demonstrator. It's a nice pen, but it is big. Be warned.
- Opus 88 Koloro (via Hand Over That Pen). The Opus 88 Koloro is a solid workhorse pen that's only now really making the rounds on the blogs. I need to ink mine back up.
- Faggionato Petrarque Carnival (via Well-Appointed Desk). Ana reviews the Faggionato Petrarque, which is still in my own review queue but I'm loving so far.
- Collecting vs. Using vs. Accumulating Fountain Pens (via SBRE Brown). An interesting discussion of the distinctions. I'm definitely not a collector, but I'm also not a pure accumulator - I use my pens daily.
- Galen Writing Box Is a Warped Wonder (via UK Fountain Pens). I really want to love this product, and shell out $100+ to order one, but they may not have fixed the warping problem yet. Has anyone else had issues with their Version 2?
- MD Paper Products Pencil B Grade (via Comfortable Shoes Studio). These pencils from Midori look gorgeous, and their stationery is always very high quality.
- July Meetup at Paperquirks (via Mountain of Ink). Kelli has a great write-up of a Seattle-ish Pen Posse meetup at Paperquirks stationer store in Poulsbo, Washington. AND Vanness Pens made an appearance!
- iPhone X vs. Pixel 2 Review: Which Takes Better Pictures for Pen People? (via Leigh Reyes). Personally, I've had a great experience with my original Pixel, but YMMV, as Leigh says.
- Rhodia Goalbook Review (via Clicky Post). A really cool idea from Rhodia, and I'm glad it's in A5, rather than the larger standard "Meeting Book" A4.
- Sailor Reglus Fountain Pen Review (via Gourmet Pens). Another review of the Sailor Reglus, a steel-nibbed Sailor Pen that I've found myself using a lot recently. I reviewed the Midnight Black version a while back.
Please Visit and Support My Sponsors and Affiliates!
Please take a moment to visit these fine folks who help keep this blog going! It's next to impossible to keep up a steady stream of fresh review content without some form of sponsorship. I'm grateful to everyone who's helped me out along the way.
- Pen Chalet. Pen Chalet has a wide variety of available pens and offers unbeatable value on pens, inks, pen cases, etc.
- Anderson Pens. In addition to having one of the largest offerings of bottled ink in the world, Anderson Pens is an authorized retailer of a wide range of brands, including Sailor, Aurora and Faber-Castell. Check out the sponsor profile I published here, and don't miss out on their new special edition Sailor Pro Gear in Slate Blue.
- Appelboom. Please check out Appelboom's extensive selection and excellent pricing on a wide range of brands, including Montblanc pens such as this Classique 145 I reviewed.
- Vanness Pens. Vanness Pens carries rare and hard-to-find inks from all over the world, including Callifolio, Akkerman, and the full line of DeAtramentis. Also, Vanness carries a wide array of pens, including now the full range of BENU pens. You can check out my recap of a visit to Vanness here.
- Goldspot Pens. Goldspot regularly offers excellent promotions and specials! Check out their "Weekly Dip" section for details.
- Paul's Paper & Pens. Paul features a well-curated selection of fountain pens, multi pens, notebooks, and more, including some very uncommon Pilot Vanishing Points and Decimos that we don't see here in the States.
- Pokka Pens. Pokka Pens makes high quality, portable ballpoints that make for a great EDC option. Check out my review here, and don't forget to use the code GENTSTA to get 10% off your purchase!
- TGS Amazon Page. I run across many more items (pens, pencils, books, accessories, etc.) in my online "travels." I can't feature them all on TGS, but Amazon has an option where I can set up an affiliate page to host product recommendations, etc. This also provides a way for me to earn a referral fees to help support the site. Thanks everyone!
In Case You Missed It...
This week on the blog I reviewed the Ensso PIUMA Fountain Pen, another excellent machined pen that I enjoyed. I also published a short piece on recommended "Pens for When You Only Want One Pen," and a themed Deals & Drops: What's in Your Pen/Pencil Cup?
Finally, this week I completed some site updates that I've been working on for a while.
Happy Sunday, and as always, thanks for reading!
Disclaimer: This post contains links to paid sponsors and affiliates.