- Why Use Fountain Pens? (via SBRE Brown). Stephen continues his "discussion" series with one of the more profound questions about the hobby.
- The London Fog Has Taught Me That It's OK to Meet Your Heroes (via UK Fountain Pens). Tony gets his hands on a pen he's wanted for a long time, and lucks out!
- Fountain Pen Shootout: Opus 88 Koloro vs. Opus 88 Demonstrator (via SBRE Brown). I love "shootout" or "comparison" videos and posts. Stephen takes a look at two of the Opus 88 Japanese-style eyedroppers.
- Faber-Castell Ondoro (via Hand Over That Pen). The trio (+one) takes a look at the Faber-Castell Ondoro. The looks of this pen are clearly a matter of personal preference, but you can't go wrong with Faber-Castell nibs.
- A Peek at the Sailor Professional Gear Shooting Star of Jonuma (via Fountain Pen Follies). Laura shows off a new Pro Gear import (yet another Japanese retailer exclusive).
- Baron Fig Squire LE Bolt (via Comfortable Shoes Studio). I agree with Les, this one's a gorgeous shade of yellow!
- Composition Notebooks at Walgreens (via Comfortable Shoes Studio). Les continues her composition book roundup with another fountain pen-friendly find at Walgreens.
- Leigh Reyes Journal Guide Review (via Mountain of Ink). Kelli shows off Leigh's set of journal guides, one of a growing empire of products Leigh's been releasing!
- Midori MD Notebook Review (via Pencilcase Blog). Dries reviews the Midori MD notebook, which is what I've been using at work in the A5 version for the past couple of months. I like it as well, and think I might give the "cotton" version a shot.
- TWSBI Go (via Wonder Pens). Liz gives us a first look at the new TWSBI Go plunger-filler fountain pen. I'm also looking to get my hands on one of these.
- Pelikan M805 Raden Royal Platinum (via Pelikan's Perch). Anyone looking to add to their Raden-bedazzled flock? It might cost you a princely sum, but this is the best looking one to date, IMHO.
Please Visit and Support My Sponsors and Affiliates!
Please take a moment to visit these fine folks who help keep this blog going! It's next to impossible to keep up a steady stream of fresh review content without some form of sponsorship or affiliate relationship. I'm grateful to everyone who's helped me out along the way.
- Vanness Pens. Vanness Pens carries rare and hard-to-find inks from all over the world, including Colorverse, Callifolio, Akkerman, and the full line of DeAtramentis. You can check out my recap of a visit to Vanness here.
- Pen Chalet. Pen Chalet has a wide variety of available pens and offers unbeatable value on pens, inks, pen cases, etc.
- Anderson Pens. In addition to having one of the largest offerings of bottled ink in the world, Anderson Pens is an authorized retailer of a wide range of brands, including Sailor, Aurora and Faber-Castell. Check out the sponsor profile I published here, and don't miss out on their new special edition Sailor Pro Gear in Slate Blue.
- Appelboom. Please check out Appelboom's extensive selection and excellent pricing on a wide range of brands, including Montblanc pens such as this Classique 145 I reviewed.
- Goldspot Pens. Goldspot regularly offers excellent promotions and specials! Check out their "Weekly Dip" section for details.
- Paul's Paper & Pens. Paul features a well-curated selection of fountain pens, multi pens, notebooks, and more, including some very uncommon Pilot Vanishing Points and Decimos that we don't see here in the States.
- Pokka Pens. Pokka Pens makes high quality, portable ballpoints that make for a great EDC option. Check out my review here, and don't forget to use the code GENTSTA to get 10% off your purchase!
- TGS Amazon Page. I run across many more items (pens, pencils, books, accessories, etc.) in my online "travels." I can't feature them all on TGS, but Amazon has an option where I can set up an affiliate page to host product recommendations and earn fees on referrals. Amazon does not sponsor or endorse this blog in any way.
In Case You Missed It ...
This week on the blog I reviewed the Bolt Action Pen from Inventery Co., as well as both the fountain pen and ballpoint versions of the Caran d'Ache 849. For this week's Deals & Drops, I have some "Back to School" specials that you shouldn't miss!
Happy Sunday, and as always, thanks for reading!
Disclaimer: This post contains links to paid sponsors and affiliates.