Fall is on the way, and that means that the last leg of Pen Show Season will soon be upon us. Coming up are the Commonwealth Pen Show (September 16, Boston), Dallas Pen Show (Sept. 28-29), Colorado Pen Show (October 5-7, Denver), and the Ohio Pen Show (November 1-4, Columbus). I MIGHT be able to attend the Dallas Show, depending on whether or not I can get it to coincide with some work travel. This Fall also marks the release of the Aurora Optima Nebulosa and another chance at the Vanness Pens Franklin-Christoph 45 exclusive, which is the reason Deals & Drops is a day early this week - these pens will go quickly, so jump on them if you want one. Finally, Chinese penmaker PenBBS also appears to have opened an Etsy store, which makes for an easier browsing/shopping experience.
Update: Pen Chalet is running a Labor Day promotion. Get 10% off your purchase by entering the code "LABOR" at checkout!
- Franklin-Christoph 45 Vanness Exclusive (via Vanness Pens). The elusive Vanness Model 45 limited edition will be back in stock on September 1. Go to the Vanness website and sign up to get a notification once they're available for purchase.
- Aurora Optima Nebulosa (via Pen Chalet). The Aurora 88 Nebulosa went quickly last time, so act quickly if you want go get a Nebulosa Optima.
- Aurora Optima Nebulosa (via Vanness Pens). Vanness also has some stock of the Nebulosa, with Rose Gold trim.
- PENBBS Official Store (via PenBBS/Etsy). PenBBS, based in Shanghai, appears to have opened a very nice Etsy storefront in which they're listing all of their various models of pens. It's very easy to navigate.
- Aurora Limited Edition Fountain Pens (via Vanness Pens). Aurora released a number of great looking limited editions over the past year, and Vanness still has several in stock, including the Aurora 88 Marte, Aurora 88 Urano, and multiple Minerali pens.
- Edison Beaumont Fountain Pen (via Vanness Pens). Vanness has a couple of the Edison production line pens in stock, in the "Beaumont" model, which has a vintage flat-top flair to it.
- Kaweco Sleeve for Apple Pencil (via Appelboom). Want to add a bit more heft and/or grip to your Apple Pencil? Appelboom has the Kaweco metal sleeves in stock.
- Ensso PIUMA Fountain Pens (via Pen Chalet). Pen Chalet now stocks the excellent PIUMA fountain pen from ENSSO. One of my favorite "minimal" fountain pens, the PIUMA is a well-balanced and reasonably priced daily writer. (My review here)
- TWSBI Go Fountain Pen (via Amazon). I'm sold. The TWSBI Go might be the best inexpensive non-cartridge/converter fountain pen out there. It's been a while since TWSBI has released an innovative new pen.
- TWSBI 580ALR Fountain Pen (via Amazon). I'm a fan of the TWSBI 580, and the 580ALR with its textured nickel-plated trim might be my favorite thus far. (My review of the TWSBI 580 here)
- Pilot Custom 823 in Smoke (via Anderson Pens). Pilot has FINALLY released the Custom 823 in smoke via U.S. retailers! You can get yours from Anderson Pens now! (My review of the Custom 823 here)
- Pelikan Classic M200 in Smoky Quartz (via Goldspot). Goldspot is running a sale on this year's Pelikan special edition M200. A great price if you've been eyeing one of these pens.
- Platinum Celluloid Fountain Pens (via Appelboom). Appelboom apparently just received the range of Platinum celluloid fountain pens, including the Midnight Ocean (linked here), Koi, and Sakura. I've handled these at pen shows and they're gorgeous, if a bit hard to find outside Japan.
- Bellroy Classic Pouch (via Amazon). The Bellroy pouches that I reviewed yesterday are Prime-eligible!
- Taroko Design Enigma A5 Notebook + Leather Cover (via Taroko Design/Etsy). Taroko design is running a package deal where you can get an Enigma Tomoe River Paper Notebook and leather cover (which also fits the A5 Hobonichi Cousin) for $75.