- How to Keep the Fountain Pen Hobby Interesting (via SBRE Brown). Some interesting thoughts here, about how to keep your interests in pens fresh and exciting, plus some of Stephen's own history in the hobby.
- The State of the Collection (or Why It's Good to Stop and Appreciate What You Have) (via UK Fountain Pens). There's always "the next big thing", but it's good to stop and take stock of what you already own.
- Aesthetic Bay Nakaya Clinic: Day 2 (via Hand Over That Pen). More great photographs from the Nakaya Pen Clinic in Singapore.
- The Great Nakaya Size Comparison, Addendum I (via Hand Over That Pen). Curious about how the various sizes of Nakaya pens compare to one another? Check this out, plus the original post.
- Faber-Castell Grip Fountain Pen Review and Giveaway (via Pens! Paper! Pencils!). Ian reviews Faber-Castell's newest entry-level pen, the Grip fountain pen. We've actually sold several of these at the Vanness Pens table this weekend, and people seem to be digging the design.
- Event Visit: Conid Antwerppen & More (via The Pencilcase Blog). Dries was invited to visit a pen event hosted by Conid, where it looks like there was all sorts of cool stuff on display.
- Tokyo International Pen Show 2018 (via Chronicas Estilographicas). So now there's going to be a Tokyo Pen Show organized by Bungubox and Eboya? Stop. It.
- Ink Preview: Colorverse x Opus88 Inks (via Well-Appointed Desk). Ana swabs the full set of Colorverse Inks that corresponds to the various colors of Opus 88 demonstrator fountain pens. Vanness Pens came to the D.C. Pen Show fully stocked with this lineup, so if you're at the show, stop by and check them out!
- Platinum 3776 Kumpoo UEF Fountain Pen (AKA The Kung Fu Panda). Coming up with a new name for this pen was key, because although it looks great, I couldn't keep a straight face.
- Karas Kustoms Reaktor Fountain Pens & Rollerball Review (via Ed Jelley). Ed gives us his thoughts on the newest models of Karas Pens, the Starliner and Galaxie.
Please Visit and Support My Sponsors and Affiliates!
Please take a moment to visit these fine folks who help keep this blog going! It's next to impossible to keep up a steady stream of fresh review content without some form of sponsorship or affiliate relationship. I'm grateful to everyone who's helped me out along the way.
- Pen Chalet. Pen Chalet has a wide variety of available pens and offers unbeatable value on pens, inks, pen cases, etc.
- Anderson Pens. In addition to having one of the largest offerings of bottled ink in the world, Anderson Pens is an authorized retailer of a wide range of brands, including Sailor, Aurora and Faber-Castell. Check out the sponsor profile I published here, and don't miss out on their new special edition Sailor Pro Gear in Slate Blue.
- Appelboom. Please check out Appelboom's extensive selection and excellent pricing on a wide range of brands, including Montblanc pens such as this Classique 145 I reviewed.
- Vanness Pens. Vanness Pens carries rare and hard-to-find inks from all over the world, including Callifolio, Akkerman, and the full line of DeAtramentis. You can check out my recap of a visit to Vanness here.
- Goldspot Pens. Goldspot regularly offers excellent promotions and specials! Check out their "Weekly Dip" section for details.
- Paul's Paper & Pens. Paul features a well-curated selection of fountain pens, multi pens, notebooks, and more, including some very uncommon Pilot Vanishing Points and Decimos that we don't see here in the States.
- Pokka Pens. Pokka Pens makes high quality, portable ballpoints that make for a great EDC option. Check out my review here, and don't forget to use the code GENTSTA to get 10% off your purchase!
- TGS Amazon Page. I run across many more items (pens, pencils, books, accessories, etc.) in my online "travels." I can't feature them all on TGS, but Amazon has an option where I can set up an affiliate page to host product recommendations and earn fees on referrals. Amazon does not sponsor or endorse this blog in any way.
In Case You Missed It ...
This week on the blog I reviewed Stifflexible Notebooks, and then the week was all about travel. Since I've been doing real work behind the Vanness Pens table at this year's 2018 D.C. Pen Show, I've not had much of a chance to post show updates or pictures. Look for those this week, and if you're at the show today (the last day!!!) come see me Vanness - we're right by the entrance.
Disclaimer: This post contains links to paid sponsors and affiliates.