It's vacation time, so new reviews will have to wait until June. In the meantime, here are my five favorite posts from the first half of this year, in case you missed them the first time around. If you're still looking for more content to keep you busy while I'm out, you might want to start with the 2018 revisions to my "Best Pens" list, as well as my "Six Month Review" of favorite pens from the first half of 2018. Enjoy your Memorial Day weekend!
- Workhorse Pens: Montblanc 146. This year I resolved to write more about those pens and gear that I actually use on a day-to-day basis, rather than trying to keep up with what seems like an endless stream of new releases. One result was the "Workhorse Pens" series.
- Workhorse Pens: Lamy 2000. I revisited another "workhorse" that I keep coming back to. The Lamy 2000, in all of its various incarnations (fountain pen, ballpoint, multipen) is always in my pen case.
- My 2018 Notebook Setup. My current notebook setup. I've largely stuck with this "lineup", though I've added a Nock Seed A5 that might displace the Bellroy Work Folio in my everyday carry.
- Great Pen Stores: My Visit to Vanness Pens. One of the first posts from this year. In late December, I had the opportunity to visit Vanness Pens in Little Rock, Arkansas, and had a blast. While I didn't get to come back for the Arkansas Pen Show, I'm definitely making time to visit Vanness again in the future.
- Great Pen Stores: Papier Plume in New Orleans. While my March trip wasn't my first visit to Papier Plume, it did serve as my first introduction to Faggionato pens, which have quickly become a favorite.